Wednesday, June 6, 2012

So I'm Selling My Life



Lifestyle, that is.

I've decided to take a really big leap and try for something I've always admired, but have never had the tenacity to try. Minimalism. I'm pretty sure I've talked about it before, but I've never really fully committed myself to it. After all, going from the crazy prepared person I am to minimalist me is a pretty major leap.

I've realized, though, that having so much stuff in my life doesn't make me happy. It just annoys me. A lot. I go home and I see what I have to put away or clean or dust... Do I want to remember my life cleaning things? I know I'm a wannabe neat freak, but seriously, having an evening ahead filled with organizing stuff I don't often use doesn't sound fun in the slightest.

So here's what I've been doing

I've had a yard sale already and made a pretty penny in the process. I spent a week going through stuff that I just didn't care for...next is to go through the stuff I do hold personal value to.

Now, now, I'm not going to go crazy and just toss everything and regret my actions. I'm doing this in a moderately slow process, only ridding myself of things I haven't used for years. Next are the things I haven't used in a year. And then so on and so forth.

So if I do this right I'll be getting rid of the stuff I really really don't need and keeping the stuff that actually means something to me.

And that's not the only thing I'm up to. Remember last post? Yeah, I know, a while back. Yep.

I really am trying out a whole new lifestyle, bit by bit. And though it's not the uber secret I was hiding last post this one is still moderately neat...

I've set my eyes on the travel trailer I plan to buy and LIVE IN.

Huzzzah!!

That's right! I'm going minimalist for two reasons! One, I'm tired of the extra stuff and two, because I really won't have any room for any of it!

If only my excitement were tangible, it would be bouncing off the walls as much as I am.

So, yes. I'm trying to buy a travel trailer and slowly, but surely my efforts are bringing me closer to my goal. I've done a ton of research and am continuing to do so.

But let me tell you, clearing for a loan is not a simple feat and I've been denied left and right. In a way I feel fortunate for this, because it means I just have to take my time and make sure I'm making the right decision, both trailer wise and living style. At the same time I feel pretty annoyed because I've spent my life buying things with cash and as such have only recently begun using credit.

Still, playing the underdog makes me more invigorated to achieve my objective and makes that objective all the more desirable.



2 comments:

  1. It's funny, when people get older (as in old like me), their dream is to chuck it all, buy a motor home and travel. You're doing that while you're young. Sounds like a brilliant plan! Get it out of your system and see if it works for you. You have nothing to lose. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the support! It's truly appreciated.

      Delete